Blanket Mortgage Hazard Insurance ensures coverage against uninsured or underinsured physical damage for your entire portfolio—without having to spend the time and money necessary to track insurance on individual properties. The only required action is to simply verify insurance coverage at loan closing which then eliminates the need for further follow-up.
With Blanket Mortgage Hazard Insurance, there is no risk of exposed property due to a tracking error, and losses not covered by a borrower’s policy are typically covered up to the outstanding loan balance. It provides all-risk residential and commercial coverage, and mobile homes are included as well. Optional coverage for second mortgages, equity loans, and REOs is also available.
By choosing Blanket Hazard, mortgage loan servicers will save time and resources. Benefits of the program include:
- No tracking of individual hazard insurance
- No further follow-up on insurance coverage after loan closing
- Uninsured or underinsured physical damage is covered whether the loan is in good standing or is in default or foreclosure
- Claims paid at replacement cost if the lender repairs the property
Blanket Auto Insurance is similar to our blanket mortgage insurance program in that it also saves time and money for loan servicers.
- It ensures coverage against uninsured or underinsured physical damage to any collateral in your entire portfolio.
- It requires no tracking of individual borrower’s continued insurance coverage
- Uninsured or underinsured physical damage is covered whether the loan is in good standing or is in default
- Claims are paid at replacement cost if you repair the vehicle damage