Privacy Disclosure for California Residents
Effective January 1, 2020, you will have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”), California Civil Code Section 1798.100 – 1798.199. In 2023, these rights have been expanded by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”). A description of these rights is provided below. These rights only apply to you if you reside in the State of California.
Under the CPRA, “personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, or household. This Privacy Disclosure describes the personal information that we collect from consumers and how we will use such personal information.
Collection of Personal Information
Below, we identify the categories and examples of information we will or may collect from consumers.
- Identifiers: Real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or similar identifiers.
- Personal Info Categories listed in the CA Customer Records Statute (Cal. Civ.Code § 1798.80(e)): Name, signature, Social Security number, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, date of birth, education, employment history, tax returns, income, credit history, credit scores, payment history, retirement account balance, retirement account number, checking and savings account balance, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any financial information. Some personal Information included in the category may overlap with other categories.
- Protected Classification Characteristics under CA or federal Law: Age, race, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex or veteran/military status
- Commercial Information: Records of personal property, assets, rental history, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Professional or Employment-related Information: Work history or employer's information
- Internet or other similar network activity: Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's integration with a website, application or advertisement.
- Nonpublic Education information (per the Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. 1232g. 34C.F.R. Part 99)): Educational records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information.
- Sensory Data: Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information
- Biometric Information: Keystroke
- Geolocation Data: Physical location or movements
- Inferences drawn from the above listed personal information: Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes
Use of Personal Information
We will use each category of personal information above for the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us
- Developing and carrying out marketing activities
- Providing customer support and managing our relationship with you
- Creating, maintaining, and securing your loan account
- Auditing or quality control
- Complying with applicable law, agency requirements or investor requirements
- Responding to requests from law enforcement and regulators
We do not, and will not, sell personal information to third parties, including personal information of minors under the age 16.
If you have a disability and would like to access this Privacy Disclosure in another format, or if you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Disclosure, or the ways in which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us by:
- Filling out the form below to contact us via email
- Mailing us at:
Attn: SWBC Corporate Compliance
9311 San Pedro Ave, Suite 600
San Antonio, TX 78216
Click here for instructions on submitting a verifiable request to delete personal information.