Most standard flood insurance policies only provide coverage up to $250,000 for residential property or up to $500,000 for commercial property. If your estimated cost to rebuild is higher, you can ensure that additional funds will be available when you need to repair your home or business with an Excess Flood Insurance policy from SWBC. This important coverage provides:
- Coverage up to $5 million to rebuild properties valued above National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) limits.
- Coverage to replace stand-alone contents valued above NFIP limits up to $2 million in most states (maximum is $1 million for properties located in Florida).
- Money for additional living expenses
- Protection against business interruption
In some cases, higher limits for buildings and/or contents can also be accommodated.
There is a 30-day waiting period for coverage to take effect. Request a quote today for this critical insurance protection or have your insurance agent contact SWBC directly.
You’ll need the following to begin:
- Basic information about your home or property
- A copy of the declarations page from the primary flood policy
- An elevation certificate, if available
SWBC’s Excess Flood Insurance can be written over a standard NFIP policy. This “follow form” coverage will follow the terms of your primary policy and is available on a variety of residential and commercial properties:
- 1-4 Family Residences
- Condominium Units
- Vacation Homes
- Rental Properties
- Apartment Buildings
- Condominium Buildings
- Commercial Buildings